The Dainty Daytripper
From: Sewing Patterns by Mrs H
- A5 pattern booklet with easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Clever straps to convert the bag from a backpack to a crossbody bag or shoulder bag
- Options to use lots of beautiful hardware, including a bag frame, Diamond Strap Anchors, and rivets
- Finished dimensions of 11″ x 13″ x 5″ (28cm x 33cm x 12.5cm)
The Dainty Daytripper is perfect for those adventures when you’re not sure whether you’ll need your hands or not. The clever straps convert from a backpack to a crossbody bag simply by lengthening the straps. Beautiful hardware gives this bag a stunning finish! Looking for some inspiration? You can find lots of photos over on the Mrs H blog here.
The Dainty Daytripper paper sewing pattern is an A5 booklet featuring comprehensive instructions, printed pattern pieces, and colour photographs.
The Dainty Daytripper is classified as a beginner to intermediate sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers.
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Outer
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Lining
- 18″x36″ (46cm x 92cm) Foam Stabiliser
- 2 3/4 yd (2.5m) Medium Weight Interfacing
- 2 x 1″ (2.5cm) D or triangle rings
- 2 x 1″ (2.5cm) swivel clasps
- 4 x Diamond Strap Anchors
- 1 x pair Emmaline retreat frames (Style A)
- 1 x 18″ (46cm) double or single zip for the top zip (size 5)
- 1 x 14″ (35.5cm) zip for the front pocket (size 3 or size 5)
- 1 x 9″ (23cm) zip for lining pocket (size 3)
- 2 x 1 1/4″ (3cm) triglide buckles/sliders (you can substitute these for 1″ (2.5cm) if needed)
- 1 x 5/8″ (18mm) Slim Magnetic Snap
- 12 x 8mm double cap rivets
You may sell bags made from this pattern.