Mystic Myrddin Top Sewing Pattern PDF
It features a cross over collar and 3 hood types, round, short pixie and long pixie that can be closed with snaps or buttons. It also has an optional front pocket, side and sleeve blocking features with optional piping and decorative tabs with faux buttons or snaps. Part of the Arthurian top range – The Ser Gawain hood can be used with the Mystic Myrddin and the Myrddin hoods/collar can be used with the Gawain (not the armour options), to give even more combinations! The sleeves are also interchangeable.
This pattern is suitable for a confident beginner and those with more experience. Looking for inspiration? Check out this LOOKBOOK that Mother Grimm has put together to give you some ideas for how the pattern can be used.
The size ranges from Age 2 – 14 Years, see chart in photo listings for exact measurements.
This is a true over top hooded design. It has been designed with about 4cm, 1.5″ ease in both front and back so it can be worn comfortably as outerwear over other tops. It is not supposed to be a tightly fitted top. Please keep this in mind when choosing your sizes to sew.
- You will need either a sewing machine with a stretch stitch or an overlocker/serger.
- If choosing tab and top stitching options then you will need a sewing machine/coverstitch.
- Suitable for 4 way stretch fabrics with at least 50%+ each way. French Terry and Cotton Lycra fabric is advised.
- Fusible fleece or interfacing for tabs and if using snaps in hood/collar.
- Buttons sized between 24mm-28mm or Prym/Kam snaps. You will need one button or snap for each tab piece. Two/three buttons are needed for the hood/collar (larger sizes can opt to use 3 buttons)
- 3+ Prym/Kam snaps are needed for the hood/collar – larger sizes can opt to use more. If the double snap option is used then you will need snaps for both sides of the hood/collar.
- Optional – flat elastic or similar for button loops – can be made from jersey curls as per tutorial.
All Mother Grimm patterns come with a cottage licence which means you can make small numbers for resale purposes. You may not sell, copy, or redistribute this pattern to others.
Please note that this listing is for 2 downloadable PDF sewing patterns (A4 and A0) and 1 tutorial. It is not for a finished garment. Due to the nature of digital downloads, no refund can be given for purchases made in error.
After checkout you will receive an email with the download links for the pattern and instructions. You will also be able to log in to the ‘My Account’ section of the website and view your available patterns under ‘Downloads’.
Join the Mother Grimm Facebook group to see more pictures and for help and chat – https://www.facebook.com/groups/MotherGrimmsDesignsandChat/